Mar

Episode 34: Chicks Dig Me

the_girls

Episode 34 of Emergency Pants features the story of a brutal attack purportrated by poultry on a powerless prepubescent. Also: alliteration.

• Worlds collide! Shane and Bridget bond over idiocy they deal with on a daily basis
  • Worlds collide AGAIN! Bridget’s other internet home, Mr X Stitch is having a contest – and next week we get to announce the winner. Cool, huh? Visit the site and comment on a post to get in on the contesty goodness!
  • Bridget has a flashback to horrific experiences as a child on a farm thanks to the picture that serves as our cover art this week – taken by Friend of the Show and chicken lover, Jamie.
  • This video makes Shane laugh! It makes Bridget laugh, then feel bad about herself, then laugh again!
  • Bridget has a close encounter with “short end of the stick” guy
  • Shane has the IT Guy blues

This show is dedicated to Wendy, Rose, and Simone de Beauvoir – as long as they keep their distance. About 4,000 miles, give or take.

**Note: the Kari discussed in this episode is not Friend of the Show Keri, but another Kari. Keri is not Kari, nor is Kari Keri. And Keri, you are awesome. Hi, Keri!

Also, special thanks to our hosting provider MediaTemple.

Permanent link to this article: http://emergency-pants.net/2009/03/03/episode-34-chicks-dig-me/

1. Jamie says:

I might be biased here, but I think those chickens look beautiful.

That sounds like something a chicken lover would say. Chicken Lover.

3. Jamie says:

Yeah. S’right.
    I love ‘em. And they are quite intelligent as well. Ours have just started using tools.

I’m sure they’re quite nice since they are yours. That’s why I dedicated the show to them.

And now I’m picturing them using tiny hammers, saws, and screwdrivers, making them even more delightful in my mind. I would also like for them to wear little hard hats and miniature tool belts. Get to work on that for me? Kthxbai.

@ Jamie: LOL!

6. Nessa says:

Chicken lover! hahaha! So Shane, thanks for indicating which finger would be used on our girlfriend Shirley. Nice to know haha!

That’s it. I’m putting a forum up so discussions are easier to read.

Ok, I know I’m behind the times here, but I’ve just ha the chance to download and listen to this podcast. I can totally get your fear, Bridget. About 14 years ago I was in England (a small, quaint villages, I’m sure you know the one) with my husband-at-the-time and we walked down the street to a park around dusk-ish, when I assume the pensioners come out to sit on benches feeding the ducks and slowly rotting. So, we walk into the park and about 200 ducks turn and waddle menacingly (yes, waddling can be done menacingly) towards us and were about to overtake/surround us when we used our fast-paced American lifestyle to beat feet the heck outta there. Since then I firmly believe that enough of any one thing facing the same direction can and likely will be sinister. This included cupcakes.

I meant to say that “this includeS cupcakes”, not “included cupcakes” as there were no cupcakes at the park, but I have notices that a whole bunch of them facing you can be intimidatingly sinister.

Great, now I’m afraid of cupcakes. :)

Thanks, Tara, I’m glad to know I’m not the only one. And you’re right, it’s less the actual creature itself than the attention of several of them focused on you that is frightening. Or something. :)

And their beady eyes with their dead stare right through you. Fuckin cupcakes.

Right. Except for this one: http://www.flickr.com/photos/beefranck/3196725593/in/set-72157612716290653/ because Rachel made it. The rest of them can go suck it.

Oh, I’m fine with singles, even a couple dozen cupcakes (or images of cupcakes) it’s just Cupcakes (or anything) En Masse that becomes sinister. Every been to Chuck E Cheese? Shiver.