Feb

Episode 32: Lady Marma-slot

how-to-find-loose-slot-machines-784700

Episode 32 of Emergency Pants brings the euphemism contest to a close. We can’t tell you how much fun this was for us, mostly because we are still laughing. Thanks to all of our awesome listeners who participated!

• A winner is chosen! Who will it be? It’s a mystery! Unless you look at the title of this episode, that is.
  • Amy from Grits to Glitz and listeners Lia and Lukas throw their euphemisms in the ring. Thanks, guys!
  • Alissa LISTENED! Hi, Alissa!
  • Bridget is accused of conducting outbound phone sex
  • Jim is filled with awesome and win
  • Twitter incidents
  • Bridget realizes that she is a clown, and that she is perfectly okay with that.

Bridget is now doing regular posts at MrXStitch’s blog! (That’s Jamie, people!) Drop by and show your support – or not. We don’t want to pressure you, baby. Why don’t we just sit here with the lights off and watch 9 and 1/2 Weeks instead?

Wow, your hair smells great. *sniff*

Permanent link to this article: http://emergency-pants.net/2009/02/17/episode-32-lady-marma-slot/

1. Kelley says:

*** GASP ***

NO WAY !!!!!

Are you serious ? I do not believe it – I never win ! Thank you thank you :-)

I’m making lots of loud happy girl noises right now <3

*fans self*

For once, I am totally serious. :-|

So now the decision is yours, Kelley – if you would like me to stitch this onto fabric, slap it in a frame and send it to you, email us. If not, I will understand, since I have seen the classiness that is your house on your blog. :D

4. Jamie says:

Kelley, she could come round to your house and tattoo straight on to you if you ask nicely.
    Bridget is capable of such things…

Thanks Jamie. :) Unless there are evenly spaced spots on Kelley’s skin, I do not trust myself to tattoo her. Perhaps I can draw up the design and my boyfriend Darren Brass can ink her:

(Don’t tell Jim.)

6. Jamie says:

What a strange coincidence… I’ve been seen around the town with Kat Von D..!

(Don’t tell Alissa)

Jamie, you have good taste. I, too, would bang Kat like a screen-door in a hurricane.

She’s cute and all, but I bet kissing her would taste like licking a dirty ashtray that recently held three-day-old crab rangoon in a puddle of soy sauce.

9. Nessa says:

RIGGED! RIGGED!

You cut me, Nessa. You cut me deep. *sob*

So, I have been meaning to download the podcasts for awhile and I finally just went ahead and did it after more badgering from Jamie. I’ve been listening to older episodes while working (re-texturing plaster last week) and what I’m most stuck by is that Shane kinda still believed in Santa at age 14. I even backed it up so I could be sure that he said something like “around age 14.” Is that a Midwest thing or is Shane just a late bloomer or what?

I’m sorry, I meant “most struck by” not “most stuck by”, although that is not necessarily inaccurate.

Hey Tara! Nice to see you over on the EP side of the street. Don’t let Jamie badger you, though – we don’t want you to do anything you don’t want to do, baby.

It’s funny that you mention that, because I have been wondering about it, too. Sometimes it’s hard to hear everything on Skype and I missed Shane mentioning his age while we were recording. Then when I heard it later I was surprised to hear 14. My Santa incident happened when I was about 6, maybe, so it’s not a Midwest thing.

Hey, Shane? What’s up with that?

14. Jamie says:

Hang on. Is Santa not real or something?
    Don’t be silly.

15. Nessa says:

I’m over being a bitter loser, congrats Kelley!

Sounds like maybe the boyfolk are a bit slow on the uptake when it comes to right jolly old elves. Although it was a certain boy named Jesse Davis who blew the lid off the whole thing for a large chunk of Mrs. (holy hell, I can’t believe I forgot her name)’s second grade class the last day of school before holiday break.

It’s because they don’t get as much blood flow to the brain as it is so often re-directed elsewhere. And thank goodness, or they wouldn’t be good for very much, would they?

18. Jamie says:

Look, we’ve just got strengths in other areas, that’s all.

Like opening jars for instance.

19. Kelley says:

Thanks Nessa . After I get bored cyber stalking Bridget and Shane , I’ll be moving on to you. Me thinks you are totally awesome.

I’m so glad you two are getting along, Kelley and Nessa! Kelley’s an awesome cyber stalker, Nessa, you’re geting a quality addtion to your already overflowing ranks of stalkers. :)

Jamie: Even women with poor arm strength such as myself can find the tools necessary to open a pesky jar. We keep you guys around for one simple reason – to reach things on the top shelf at the grocery store.

Oh, and then there’s the penis. Those are good, too.

21. Jamie says:

So until such time as they create a six foot tall penis with the ability to grab things, we’re safe right..?

I notice Shane doesn’t have much to say about his 14 years of believing in Santa. Is there a chance that he’s still holding on?

Boys are also good for lifting heavy things, keeping other boys from bothering us and sweating.

Wow, that’s a thought… How would it get around? I’m imaginging this kind of horrifying shuffle…

But to answer your question, Jamie, I have no use for a six foot tall penis. Unless it has it’s own more reasonably sized penis. This is real life, not hentai. Or a Beastie Boys concert circa 1986.

Tara – Shane is under the weather and also working quite a bit. No worries, I’ll be busting his chops about it and demanding an answer. It’s… it’s what I _do_.

Yeah, I’m with Bridget on the giant phallus; a 6 foot dick is only good as a doorman/bouncer. And a penis that grabs stuff is nightmare-ish! I’m seeing that sand worm thing from “Tremors”…

I’m sorry that Shane is feeling poorly. Something HORRIBLE is going around Portland and I’m using all the superstitions, Emergen-C and zinc I can to make sure I don’t get it and take it to Argentina.

Also, this is AWESOME:

Tara: Yeah, I’m with Bridget on the giant phallus

YES, I KNEW THERE WAS NO SUCH THING AS SANTA BEFORE 14 SO JUST SHUT UP!

GOSH!

And we’ll sell you pictures for a very reasonable price. In Euros.

27. Nessa says:

um, I follow Santa on twitter so he has to be real!

Kelley! Stalk me darling! i have a nice area out front for a tent ;)