May

Episode 48: Rapscallions

poly1

Episode 48 deals with obsession, our awesome listeners, at-risk youth, and meatloaf. Lots and lots of meatloaf. Ok, not really that much meatloaf.

• Shane is the meatloaf king
  • Panko!
  • LOL-less update
  • Shane growls for Bay and we say hi to Jodi and Rose
  • Bridget and Shane were at-risk youth
  • Tiptoes. It’s real. Check it out. Tell us what you think.
  • Shane is obsessed with Obsessed.

Download: Episode Fo’ty-Eight

Permanent link to this article: http://emergency-pants.net/2009/05/26/episode-48-rapscallions/

1. Rachel says:

I just wanted to inform you guys that I have always been LOL-less. Also, WTF-less, OMG-less…I think it’s more *powerful* to type it out! So I will back you guys on the LOLlessness. Always & forever.

2. Rachel says:

Ok, I just watched the Trailer for Tiptoes. I have a few words.

Dude.
    What the hell. Is this for real?! SERIOUSLY?!

3. Jodi says:

MUST see this movie, MUST watch Obsessed. Will report back.

I *saw* Tiptoes somewhere. Maybe it was on the IFC or something? I … didn’t likey. Gary Oldham was creepy as a little person. I’m just sayin’. Is all.

In other news, Shane’s growl is delicious! Thank you for that!

I almost forgot. I can’t remember if it was Ep 47 or Ep 48, but — “Harvey”!!!

I’m fond of pookas. Or maybe just the idea of them in general.

I’ve been mostly anti-LOL (et al) since I first came upon those things however many years ago it was. I admit to using a few of them (lol, brb, btw, jic) back in my IM days, but not with text messaging or email or any other format. Certainly never “gr8″ and the like. I capitalize at the beginning of sentences and use punctuation such as apostrophes even in text messages. And not just because I’m a precocious curmudgeon, but because it’s easier to read. When I get text messages w/o them I find the level of concentration I need disproportionate to the level of formality of the communication.

That said, I only pass the tiniest of judgment on those that go in for all of that. Hopefully this is the case with those that receive my typo-laden missives, too. ;)

Oh! I have to add that I find it irritating how the IM thing has got people hitting a hard return after every sentence in an email or other paragraph-friendly format. Does this bother anyone else?

Tara,

Yes, that bothers me, too – along with people sending the entire contents of their email message in the subject line, and people who don’t use punctuation.

Conversely, I find it absolutely hilarious when people read and treat the end of a line like a period. Good stuff.

I love sending emails with too-long subject lines. I’m going to start doing that again. :)

OH! And Bay – You’re right! *fanfare*

I will totally make something for you if you want me to. :) It can be as risque or clean as you like. Just holla – that’s what the kids are saying now, right?

Um. So I LOVE the premise of a movie like tiptoes. But really, that trailer looks terrible! And WHY, WHY whenever there is a leading role of someone who is anything other than a white male, must someone who IS NOT OF THAT TYPE play it? Dustin Hoffman in Rain Man, Gary Oldman in Tiptoes…I KNOW there are more. It pisses me off. Let small people play small people, let people with problems play the problem they’re supposed to have. Otherwise it feels kind of like blackface, and that’s some racist stuff.

Really.

Meh.

Ok I’m alright now.

RIGHT???? That’s what I’m saying, Rose.

And the trailer was just done all weird, too, I think… We’ll discuss tonight.