May

Episode 47: Tighten Up and Junk

bail

Episode 47 of Emergency Pants finds our heroes picking up the pieces after and angry confrontation. Or not. Probably not.

• Bridget is snotty. Snooty? Snotty.
  • We’re funny!
  • Awkward Family Photos – thanks Liz!
  • Shane has an awesome thing happen
  • Bridget’s Mom is stalking Friend of the Show Jamie – except we actually tell the story this time
  • Midwestern greeting cards
  • Bridget’s not so excellent transit adventure
  • Tighten Up! We’re gonna make it mellow for you by telling you to go watch this video.

Permanent link to this article: http://emergency-pants.net/2009/05/19/episode-47-tighten-up-and-junk/

Woo! Looking forward to this brightening my day tomorrow at work! Whee!

I literally let out a cry of dismay in the deserted hall of the 6th floor of Hotel Lucia this morning when I realized that my iPod didn’t sync with my iTunes in such a manner as to let me listen to this episode. Hopefully tomorrow!

I am enjoying this ep immensely! OK, Shane, I’m Southern, and my husband owns MANY guns. Of course, I learned to shoot at camp when I was a tot, so I am cool with the gun ownership. Bridget should get her own gun for personal protection. I’m just sayin’. Is all.

Also, I listened to the entirety of Episode number 46. It’s not *Nearly* as bad as some of the eps that Amy and I produced using Skype. And it was brilliant! I laughed and laughed! I should have commented positively then, but I’m commenting positively now. Emergency Pants rocks! Even when it has technical difficulties!!!

I’m going to exhibit paper crafts at a street fair/ craft fair this weekend. How I wish Bridget would be here for it!

And finally: Make Shane growl every other podcast. It’s hypnotic!

Oh no, Tara! Hopefully you get there today. :)

Bay – I was just trying to give Shane a hard time for not walking me to my car, really. :) My only concern with his gun ownership is the potential it has to harm him or someone he cares about in an accident or other circumstances. I liken it to worrying about a friend who rides a motorcycle or skydives. Although we never imagine it happening to us, accidents happen, no matter how careful and responsible we are. And I don’t think I could ever use a gun or a weapon, even if it was justified. Wow, was that too much of a response? :)

I wish I could be there to see it! Take pictures? I want to see what you do! Send links? And what about those cards you were thinking about doing? ;)

I don’t think Shane’s going to mind your request for a growl. :)

Yay for the Jamie stalking information! That’s much funnier than I had imagined. I’m only halfway through do to work shenanigins. Hopefully I get to finish this one today.

Finished it! Makes up totally for the lost episode last week.

Questions:

What is a ‘hot dish’?

And what are ‘fake onions’ on top of a green bean casserole?

I got nothing.

Rose,

I’m so glad you asked those questions. :) Here’s info on hot dish – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hotdish – it’s a Midwest thing, but it’s main origins are from Minnesota. It’s something I love making fun of, but if you get the right older lady making one for a church potluck, MAN can they be good!

The fake onions are these: http://www.frenchs.com/product_ffo.php and this is the only legitamate recipe for green bean casserole: http://www.frenchs.com/retailrecipeview.php?id=9818&recipe=FRENCH’S®-GREEN-BEAN-CASSEROLE

I hope this has helped you in your quest for knowledge. :)

I am boggled by these things.

Absolutely boggled.

But informed, so thank you.

*mutter mutter, fake onions, mutter mutter*

I hope this new job of Shane’s (if that is his real name) isn’t going to get in the way of my emergency pants. That would never do.

Rose, are you telling me you’ve never had a green bean casserole? What sides did you have for Thanksgiving?

Tara – I would never let that happen. Believe in the power of Bridget. ^_^

Tara,
    Your entertainment is safe with me! I vow to never let a corporation, government, or religion come between us.

12. Keri says:

Why was I surprised that there was a definition for hot dish on wikipedia? I guess I was more surprised that it is actually one word (hotdish). Also, I was laughing out loud to myself as I was working in the yard at your Midwestern Greeting Cards. Hilarious.

13. Jodi says:

Tighten up may be one of the best songs ever recorded. Thanks Shane! Forgot all about this one. Gotta see if we have it here on CD or I’m off to itunes…

We had brussel sprouts cooked with bacon, no green beans here!

Keri – that makes me really, really happy. :)

Rose – that sounds freaking delicious. I want some. :)