Sep

Episode 66: Mega Snuggie VS Mircle Whip

venn-diagram

Episode 66: We learned it from YOU, listeners! We learned it by watching YOU!

Permanent link to this article: http://emergency-pants.net/2009/09/22/episode-66-mega-snuggie-vs-mircle-whip/

Hee-eeey!

Bridget, try Garnet Hill flannel sheets. Soooo decadent and they don’t shed after the first few use-wash cycles. Plus they have nice colors, not the usual dull pastels. I was so disappointed winter 2007-8 because it never got cold enough for me to use mine.

Speaking of finding stuff in one’s hair, I have a story. First, I have THICK hair. Thick, course, bendy and otherwise surly. When I went to the freshman formal when I got my hair done in an up-do (which was the only time I’d ever heard my hair stylist curse) there were over 30 hair pins in it. Took me 2 days of washing, drying, styling to find them all and get ‘em out of there. Yup. Lost sock? Probably somewhere in my hair.

2. Surtannu says:

Fine! I’ll just go back to drawing rocks and sticks. I can quit whenever I want.

Tara: I have a hair story I will never, ever, tell. :|

Ben: Aw, honey, don’t be that way! We kid cuz we love. And to be fair, I’m not really one to talk:

4. Surtannu says:

Yeah. It all tends to come around and go around. Kinda like one of them tidal cycles in the mangrove swaps.

Those cycles can become unstable with anthropogenic influences, ya know.

Birds gotta fly. Internets gotta make funny shit.

5. Surtannu says:

Wow. I was, like, sooooo drunk yesterday. Umm. What the hell was I talking about?

Very good show. :)

I’m one of those sysadmins. The kind that sit around waiting for other sysadmins to do their job, so I can do mine. I need OUTLETS or things get…. unbearable. Usually, I write scripts. The geeky, computer kind, not the poetic, creative kind. Drawing. That’s fairly new, and, for whatever reason, drawing the crazy shit you guys say is hilariously entertaining. Thanks for the weekly inspiration.

I use open source tools, BTW. No photoshop. Mostly Inkscape, with some Gimp for some things. If you guys say something weird, I send myself a text, hence, I know that you said “permit 168″ I added the “a”, see, ’cause mine lets you park in the frickin’ lobby. Sweet!

Wow. That was nice and polite. Feels… weird.

6. Keri says:

I don’t understand. You geeks/nerds DON’T like The Big Bang Theory? Is it because you can relate too much? Because that show is freaking hilarious. You need to rent it from the beginning.

Hahahaha, Ben’s drunkcommenting! And polite is cool. Next time throw in something sarcastic. We’ll find the right level.

Keri – I dunno. It seems to me that everybody who tells me to watch it (my brother Jim, Jamie, etc.) self-identifies as a geek/nerd but isn’t really a geek/nerd.

8. Keri says:

I never said I was a geek/nerd. I am super cool. However, I believe that you and Shane have proclaimed your status as geek/nerd many times before.